FIDELITY’s Solar Roof Seminar Gets TWO THUMBS UP!
April 22, 2009 — It seems only fitting that Fidelity Roof Company held its first in a planned series of Solar Energy and Roofing informational seminars on Earth Day, 2009. The April 22nd event was a huge success. The near-capacity crowd of building owners and managers, architects, developers and contractors heard presentations from top industry experts covering solar panel alternatives, solar mounting systems, energy audits as well as solar system financing options and available tax credits and rebates.
PANEL OF EXPERTS
Hosted by Fidelity’s Solar Division manager, Fred Klaske, the following panel of experts provided background and specifics about going solar.
- Stephany Cull of RetroCom Energy Strategies pointed out the importance of doing a thorough energy audit to help determine the effectiveness of installing a solar system on your building.
- Pat Koh from ET Solar went into great detail explaining about photovoltaic solar panels.
- SolarLink’s Anthony Giansanti discussed the advantages of minimal roofing penetrating solar mounting systems.
- Jerry Guffey of Mission Capital reviewed the various solar purchase and lease financing options available as well as the potential tax credits and rebates being offered.
- Stuart Schiffman from Solar Power Partners discussed the advantages and limitation of Power Purchasing Agreements (PPAs).
- Fidelity’s own Brian Swanson brought it all together by detailing how a roof and solar installation should be considered as one integrated system that can maximize the cost effectiveness of a solar investment.
This summary was followed by a lively question and answer session with the experts which continued on over an excellent sit-down lunch.
It was a great event, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are some of the comments from those who were there:
“Very good… Very educational…”
“Concise and informative…”
“Great Seminar… Too short…”
“Very interesting and well-rounded…”
“Good opportunity to get a solid solar/ roof overview…”
“Thank you very much for putting this together… It was invaluable…”
With all the positive feedback we’ve received so far, Fidelity’s staff is already hard at work putting together a schedule of future informational events that will include a repeat of our Solar Roof Seminar, half-day workshops on both commercial and residential solar financing, among others. If you would like to be added to our invitation list, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly provide you with more detailed schedule of events and subject matter as they become available.